If you are registered with a Lambeth GP there are multiple ways you can be referred to the service (if you are registered with GP at hand please see below).
- You can complete the online referral form (opens a new window)
- You can go to see your GP who will refer you
- You can refer yourself via telephone: If you wish to refer yourself call 020 3228 6747. We’ll take some brief details about you and book a 25 minute telephone assessment. This is usually within a few days, but if we need to liaise with other services it may take a few weeks.
GP at hand patients
Due to the way IAPT services are funded and commissioned we can only accept self-referrals from people registered with a Lambeth GP. If you live in Lambeth and are registered with GP at hand you will need to contact GP at hand and ask for a referral to Lambeth Talking Therapies (some GPs might know it as Lambeth IAPT).
Before your assessment
Before your telephone assessment with Lambeth Talking Therapies Service, you will need to download and complete this PHQ9 and GAD7 questionnaire. Please ensure the scores are totalled up and have it with you for your assessment.
Current waiting times are (if you are flexible about appointment times):
- Initial telephone assessment – 3-4 days (if you have used other mental health services it might be a few weeks so we can gather information)
- Online therapy – no wait
- Low Intensity Guided Self Help – 3-4 months
- Counselling – 2-3 months
- High Intensity CBT – 3-4 months
These times are provided as a guide and are based on typical waits experienced by clients who have some flexibility on times and location. We do have cancellations so if you are flexible you may be seen sooner than this.