The easiest way to refer yourself is using our online referral form – please click the link below:
If you cannot refer online, you can talk to your GP who can make a referral on your behalf.
GP at hand patients
Due to the way IAPT services are funded and commissioned we can only accept self-referrals from people registered with a Lambeth GP. If you live in Lambeth and are registered with GP at Hand you will need to contact them and ask for a referral to Lambeth Talking Therapies (some GPs might know it as Lambeth IAPT).
Before your assessment
Before your telephone assessment with Lambeth Talking Therapies Service, you will be emailed a questionnaire to complete. If you do not receive this via email, please download and complete this PHQ9 and GAD7 questionnaire. Please ensure the scores are totalled up and have it with you for your assessment.
Waiting Times – please note we are not currently offering face to face appointments due to Coronavirus
Current waiting times are (if you are flexible about appointment times):
- Initial telephone assessment – 5 working days (if you have used other mental health services it will be 15 working days, so we can gather information and make sure we are the best service to help you)
- Online therapy – no wait for an appointment
- Low Intensity Guided Self Help (Cognitive Behavioural therapy approach) – 2 – 6 weeks wait, offered via telephone and virtual clinics
- Counselling – 4 – 5 months wait, offered via virtual clinics for 6 sessions
- High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – 4 – 5 months wait, this is offered as telephone and virtual clinics
Please be mindful that most of our appointments are Monday – Friday between 9am and 5pm.
These times are provided as a guide and are based on typical waits experienced by clients who have some flexibility on times and location. We do have cancellations so if you are flexible you may be seen sooner than this.