Part of our role is to assess clients’ suitability for our service and we may direct the referral elsewhere before assessment. Please make sure your client is aware of this. You can find our inclusion and exclusion criteria here: Lambeth Talking Therapies inclusion and exclusion criteria – updated
Please contact us to discuss referrals if:
- You are a GP and want to ask any questions about a referral
- You are a non-GP professional working with a client
- You are unsure about what our service offers and whether we are able to support a client
- You would like some general advice about services in the area
We will do our best to indicate whether we are likely to be able to offer any therapy within our team. If not, we will aim to provide you with some recommendations of alternative NHS services or community resources which may be more suited to the needs of your client. We will aim to get back to you within 5 working days, our working hours are weekdays between 9-5 only.
Please mention specifically if your client has a history of or is currently experiencing any of the following:
- History of psychosis
- Diagnosis of Bipolar 1 or 2
- Diagnosis of a personality disorder
- Diagnosis of an eating disorder
- History of drug or alcohol dependency
- Has been seen by a specialist mental health service within the last 12 months
- Has been seen by Integrated Psychological Service (IPTT) within the last 12 months
- Seeking specific treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder or
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Has no access to public funds
To discuss a referral with us please contact by completing our template email. (slam.nhs.uk email addresses meet NHS Digital secure email standard DB1596 and are suitable for sending information from other secure services including nhs.net addresses.) If, following discussion, we think we can support the client in question, you will be asked to complete the referral form. You can complete it online or send it via email.
Referrals (only after discussion)
If you wish to refer someone after discussion, we have a professionals referral form. Please note that we are an opt in service so unless you indicate the individual is unable to opt in we will wait for them to contact us. Please give them one of our leaflets and advise them they will need to call us to book their assessment appointment.
If the person you are referring is unable to opt in themselves because of, for example, their language or a disability, please indicate that on the form and we will make the appropriate arrangements to contact them.
You can also use the form to advise us of any additional information—like risk or mental health history—that might be useful.