What is it?
The Way Forward to Wellbeing course is a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy- based Self-help course, designed to help share some proven techniques which can reduce stress and low mood.
Why do we do it?
These courses are an excellent way to teach you about common mental health difficulties we can all experience, and how these can be explained through the structure of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a well researched therapy that focuses on modifying everyday thoughts and behaviours with the aim of positively influencing your mood.
Offering Wellbeing Workshops means that we can:
- offer psychological help more quickly
- offer psychological help to more people
- offer early intervention, before problems build up
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to learn more about their current difficulties; such as low mood, anxiety and stress and who want to find new ways to manage these difficulties.
We find that the workshops are:
- Often more convenient for patients
- Based on evidence of effectiveness
- Based on a teaching skills model thus contributing to longer term wellbeing
They are an ideal starting point for therapy.
What does it involve?
The Wellbeing Workshops involve attending four sessions lead by two therapists. These sessions usually last for two hours, with a break in the middle and are spread across four consecutive weeks.
The topics covered include;
- Stress, low mood and wellbeing
- Wellbeing in our bodies
- Wellbeing in our actions
- Wellbeing in our thoughts
The Wellbeing Workshops are a place to learn some simple tools and techniques can be used to have a positive impact on your daily life.
What is required?
- Commitment to attending sessions
- Openness to new perspectives
- Practising tools and techniques away from the sessions
If you think that the Wellbeing Workshop could help you with your current difficulties, talk to your GP or self refer to the service on 0203 228 1350.