Wellbeing Group for People who have Long-Term Health Conditions and mild to moderate anxiety or depression
Do you have a long-term condition such as a heart problem, chest problem, high blood pressure, diabetes or arthritis?
Have you also been suffering from stress, feeling low, anxious or depressed?
Do you want help understanding and managing these feelings?
If so, this group is for you!
The group will help you to:
- Learn how to manage stress, anxiety and low mood
- Have the opportunity to reflect on the impact of your physical condition
- Gain support from peers with similar experiences
- Gain support from facilitators trained in general practice and psychology
- Review and evaluate what’s most important to you
- Understand behaviours and thinking affecting low mood and stress levels
- Learn some skills to help in the future
To benefit from the programme, you need to attend once a week for 6 weeks and be willing to share as well as listen to others.
To find out more, ask your health worker to discuss the programme and answer any questions you may have, contact your GP to refer you, or you can call on 020 3228 2194 (our office) and one fo the group leaders will get back to you as soon as possible.