Talking Therapies Southwark
What are ‘How to Improve your Wellbeing’ Workshops?
- FREE day-long psycho-educational workshops
- for people living in Southwark
- held on Saturdays
- using CBT (Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy) methods which have been found to be very helpful for people with depression and anxiety problems
What would I gain from attending a ‘How to Improve your Wellbeing’ workshop?
- an opportunity to learn about CBT
- an opportunity to meet other people who might be facing similar problems.
- learn strategies you can take away and use in your everyday life
What topics do the workshops cover?
- There are four different workshops: Self-confidence, Sleep, Stress & Anger
- Click the links on the left to find out more
Is a group workshop right for me?
- The workshops aim to be very practical, teaching participants about different ways of handling difficulties.
- It is not ‘group therapy’ and there is no need to talk about your individual problems.
- You will learn methods that have been found to be helpful by many people.
- We hope that participants will go home at the end of the day with a new set of skills to use in their life and greater confidence to handle the problems they may have.
- Working in a group is naturally different to working individually. It can feel more supportive and interesting to be part of a group, but obviously there is less time to talk about individual issues.
- If you think one of the workshops might be a good option for you, please be sure to discuss this with the therapist at your initial or treatment options consultation.