What happens next?
After registering your referral, the admin team will contact you to arrange a consultation with one of our therapists.
- takes place by telephone (but please let us know if this is difficult for you)
- with a qualified psychological therapist or wellbeing practitioner, or closely supervised trainee
- lasts about 30 to 40 minutes
We will ask questions to
- ask for your consent for
- use of your information as described in the leaflet ‘‘Use of your personal information.’
- us to inform your GP about your referral
- collect demographic information such as your ethnic group and sexual orientation
- This is so we can make sure we are reaching all sections of the local community
- You don’t have to answer these questions if you don’t want to
- check we are the right service for you. To do this we need to know:
- your scores on the depression and anxiety symptom questionnaires that you will be sent
- the problems you want help with
We will tell you about the types of help we offer
- If we think we can help, we will offer one of the treatment options after the initial consultation
- You can ask us questions so you can start to decide if we are the right service for you
Together we make an initial plan
Often we decide your treatment option after initial consultation by the end of this first call, but sometimes we may arrange to speak again before this is confirmed. You may also want some time to think about what you would prefer.